Join the Winstanleys Pramworld team today!
Interested in becoming part of the UK’s number 1 independent nursery retailer team here at Winstanleys Pramworld?
If successful in your application you will become part of a company who are currently enjoying year on year success and expansion. The competitive salary, free car parking and staff discount benefits are only a few of the reasons why Winstanleys Pramworld is a rewarding and fulfilling working environment.
Simply click on the job role you're interested in to see a full job and candidate specification along with details on how you can apply.
Assistant Store Manager - New Stoke on Trent Store
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest Multi-Channel Independent Nursery retailers, offering a competitive package.
Pramworld is a family owned business committed to putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are continuing to expand our business with a new store in Stoke-On- Trent and are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager seeking that next challenge.
An excellent telephone manner along with a confident and personable demeanour is required. The ability to problem solve and work under pressure is essential.
The Assistant Manager needs to support the Store Manager by maximising store productivity and profitability through team-building and staff development, delivering on objectives, and by ensuring compliance with all operational Standards. The Assistant Manager supports the development of plans to achieve sales and productivity goals. The Assistant Manager leads by example, sets the tone for the store, and provides feedback to their team that will result in more efficient, productive, and a profitable store that exceeds the customer’s service expectations.
Management Competencies and Behavioural Expectations
- Drives top and bottom line growth
- Takes ownership and accountability for store productivity
- Commercially aware and reactive
- Creates a high energy, sales and service focused environment
- Demonstrates ability to solve customer problems and meet customers’ needs
- Consistently drives the service expectations through the team
- Manages store environment to ensure that visual merchandising and store maintenance standards are met
- Consistently gives appropriate, timely and specific feedback to team members
- Inspires team to meet and exceed performance standards
- Identifies underperforming store staff and takes focused action to manage development
- Acts on feedback from others to improve own performance or address development issues
- Achieves deadlines even in the face of obstacles or problems
- Awareness of own strengths and development needs
- Approaches challenges in direct and timely manner
- Able to motivate others to achieve results, and inspire team to follow lead
- Empowers team members to assist in decision making, when appropriate
- Recognizes and celebrates team successes
- Demonstrates effective written, verbal, and non-verbal communication
- Communicates effectively with direct reports, peers, supervisors, and brand suppliers
If, like us, your passion is Customer Service we want to hear from you, please send a Cover Letter and a copy of your CV to our HR Manager - Jenny@pramworld.co.uk.
Winstanleys Pramworld is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.